Grossly overweight yet good-hearted professor Sherman Klump takes a special chemical that turns him into the slim but obnoxious Buddy Love.
Our predictions: Will it hold up?
Things we discussed in this episode:
-The show we can’t remember the animated show, Recess.
-We talk about our earliest Eddie Murphy memories.
-We talk about the The Ruiners Club and how you can win a T shirt. Join here.
– GOAT AHEAD.
*Correction: we said Jada Pinkett Smith was in Set it up, but meant SET IT OFF (1996).
– We head to TANGENT CITY and talk about insult comedy.
-Emergency Room Room.
– We dive a little bit into Diet Culture and body positivity.
– We talk about the Hamster plot hole.
-Hostile work environment.
-“More like small penis car.” -Ashley
Ryan: The “Cagey”– Larry Miller (Dean Richmond)
The “Hanxy”– Eddie Murphy (Professor Sherman Klump, Buddy Love, THE KLUMPS)
Ashley: The “Cagey” – John Ales (Jason)
The “Hanxy”– Eddie Murphy (see above)
Does it hold up?
Facts from 1996:
- This movie was released on June 28th, 1996.
- Hit TV Shows:
- Hit Songs:
- “Crossroads” by Bones Thugs N Harmony.
- “No Diggity” by Blackstreet ft. Dr. Dre.
- “La Macarena” Los Del Rio
- Hit Movies:
- 101 Dalmatians
- The Rock
- Where you can stream it:
- Starz, DirectTV, Crackle (with ads).
- Rent on various streaming services.
- Movie streaming info from Justwatch.com
- Facts from https://pop-culture.us
- Music Clips in episode: https://freemusicarchive.org/music/Fanas/Or_Up_We_Fall